He succeeded his father Edmond in 1904 and founded
in 1911 a great fire chinaware factory in Boulogne-sur-Seine, to which he added
a production of earthenware and stoneware. If he advocated the process of
mould-casting, his research was nevertheless daring. After the flamed stoneware
there appeared in 1914 superb stoneware decorated with scales and geometrical
designs, in a typical and discreet polychromy, on oval or rectangular shapes,
sometimes evocative of the Far East. Also noteworthy an Egyptian blue pottery
production, commercialized in New-York by Carol STUPELL.