In 1854 he founded the "Great Tilery of Ivry"
at Ivry Port (Seine). His first contribution was the making of ceramic matters for building and industry, then in 1884, he perfected an enameled
clay meant for architectural decoration and reproduction of artistic works.
Artists such as Eugène GRASSET, Henri de TOULOUSE-LAUTREC, Louis CHALON,
Isidore de RUDDER, or sculptors such as VIBERT, CHARPENTIERS, FIX-MASSEAU,
FALGUIERE, GUILLOT, SZYMONOWSKI, found in Emile MÜLLER a perfectly-adapted and
of high-quality ceramical "support", to achieve works that widely
contributed to his fame. After opening a new factory in 1886, his son Louis
MÜLLER took over the firm under the name of "Emile MÜLLER Co." in
1889. It took fairly regularly part in the Universal Exhibitions and was awarded
in 1897 in Brussels, a Grand Prix and three gold medals.