Founded by Henry TOOTH and
William AULT in 1883, it was one of the most adventurous factories of the end of
the 19th century. Famous for an extraordinary diversity and drawing
its inspiration from all over the world, it proposed, as soon as the beginning
of the 20th century, a great number of artifacts (vases,
flower-stands, boxes, ash-trays, etc.) using all sorts of natural materials as
ivory, metal, engraved bamboo, bronze or oriental lacquer. It won, among others,
several international prizes with big and elegant marble-glazing vases. From
1930 this diversity faded to adopt the tendencies proper to Art Deco and remain
a creative as well as competitive factory.
To be noted, in the 1900s, a limited production of figurines and
statuettes highly prized by collectors.